Rising the retail career ladder takes a special skill set. At Frontline’s career training classes, retail workers develop the skills they need to advance in the industry.
Frontline helps retail workers advance in the industry through our weekly career development programs that train workers in sector-based skills and worker rights. We are partnering with the CUNY School of Professional Studies to develop a comprehensive retail certificate program.
Frontline holds certified Visual Merchandising and Customer Service Training courses every month. Students attend four days of four-hour classes to receive a Certificate of Completion from La Guardia Community College. We are dedicated to creating standardized career development for retail workers, and continue to branch out with new classes such as Blogging.
Every few months, Frontline holds General Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training and CPR classes, at which retail workers can earn CPR and OSHA certification.
Check out our career development courses to enroll for our upcoming classes.
Customer Service Training
Retail workers develop their ability to meaningfully engage with customers to increase sales and set themselves on the path for advancement.
- Sharper communication, team, and selling skills
- Leadership and problem-solving skills to expertly navigate challenging retail environments
- Networking opportunities to grow industry contacts
- Core responsibilities and rights as a retail professional
Retail workers learn how to create compelling visuals and exceptional product displays to increase store traffic and boost sales.
- How visual merchandising works – Core responsibilities and rights
- Fundamentals of Sales and Presentations – Delivering an exceptional shopping experience
- Wear your lifestyle – Inspiration walk, advertising, hands-on pinning and styling
- Career Expo – Paths, planning, and tips for freelance and employed merchandising consultants